Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, July 13, 2009

As of Late...

Damn, I have been slacking. It's funny how when life is good, my blog suffers. Not that I am wishing for anything to happen just so I can write about it. Anyway, I'll spare the gory details and give you the short update.



My relationship is great. Our parents have started hounding us about getting married and giving them grandbabies. Boo has started joking about getting me a cubic zirconia ring. And in turn, I started joking about how the ring symbolizes how much he really loves me and is willing to spend on me. That, and my uncanny ability to differentiate CZ from a real diamond, even though I'm not sure I could really tell. Have you seen CZ rings these days? Amazing. I better find a good jeweler and/or appraiser.



I started taking a self-defense class with Boo and a couple of our friends. It's basically a solid hour of high-intensity cardio mixed in with some self-defense technique. I thought the 30-Day Shred was hard. This is a total ass kicking. I've been doing it for about three months now and I am still waking up with sore muscles...muscles I didn't know I had. It is loads of fun though and I'm hoping to tone up a little bit, if not just negate all the beer consumed on the weekends.



Speaking of beer, Boo and I threw our 1st Annual Red, White & Booze party on the 4th of July. We're trying to make it a tradition, so I designed and ordered t-shirts for the occasion. We had a great time with all our friends. It only took us seven hours to float two kegs, and then we had to go get more beer at the store. I just don't understand why I can't lose weight.



For my birthday, Boo bought us a trip to Maine at the end of this month. It's my 10-year high school reunion and I want to show Boo my hometown. I haven't been to visit in a few years, so I am looking forward to it. I also can't wait to wreck some fresh lobsters...the one Maine staple I hated growing up, but love now that I've moved away. Hopefully, Mother Nature gets her act together so it will be nice, sunny weather rather than the cold, rainy weather everyone has been bitching about. And maybe on our tour of Bar Harbor, we can seek out some nice wedding venues! Hehe.

We are also planning a cruise at the end of August. Another couple we know invited us to go on a 4-night cruise, and since I've never been on one, I convinced Boo to go. I need to get my passport renewed since we'll be stopping in Cozumel, and that'll set me back about $100. I also will probably need to stop eating crap and drinking beer so I don't look like a beached whale in my bikini. Damn it.

The end!

2 comments:

Kali said...

Um. I love you and I miss you.
Damn, I said that like I actually KNOW you in real life. But seriously....I'm in the same boat as you....when my life is going great, my blog suffers. And, well, my bf's crazy ex is stalking my blog so I tend to not blog on a regular basis because I don't want her to read it every single day. I mean, what kind of masochist reads her ex fiance's new gf's blog when all I do is rant about how great we are doing?! Anyways....I'm glad you updated us, I miss ya!
XOXO

chris said...

Nice, the site flows smooth and runs fast too. To many with no patience. Thats half the reason casual encounters and craigzlist do so well with new web daters. http:www.nostringsads.com