Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, June 06, 2008

I...can't say that.

I'm 99% sure Boo was going to tell me he loved me last night but chickened out.

We had planned a Thirsty Thursday after I got out of work, but he started early around 1pm. Of course he was three sheets to the wind when he got home, and I was completely irritated because he was acting obnoxious as drunk men usually do. It dawned on me how much I respected my mother for dealing with my father the times he walked in the door with his eyes glazed over. And as my mother had done with my father several times, I informed Boo that he was acting obnoxious and I wasn't too pleased that he fucked up our plans. I proceeded to ignore him until he called me into the bedroom.

Boo pulled me down on to the bed and embraced me. He apologized for being obnoxious and admitted to trying to pick a fight. He had no reasoning for it, but thanked me for brushing it off. I could sense he had more to say, but couldn't get it out. I probed him, but he wouldn't budge. When I turned away from him, he sighed heavily and I could almost hear him thinking.

"It's just...I...I...can't say that," he stammered. I remained silent, and instead turned to kiss him on the cheek. He squeezed me tight and thanked me again for putting up with his shit. Had I not been still a little irritated, I would've told him it was exhausting, but I do it because I love him.

No comments: