Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, October 01, 2010

The Knot is my new best friend

It's official. Next year, I will be a September bride back home in the beautiful state of Maine...my favorite time of year! Boo picked our wedding date because of the consecutive numbers. I'm sure you can guess what the date is. Now he has no excuse for forgetting our anniversary.

We're slightly ahead of schedule in planning. I wanted to get a head start because the date will be so popular. We've chosen and reserved the venue in Bar Harbor, Maine. It's right on the water with a spectacular view. We've also reserved the photographer and videographer. We're in the process of trying to find a DJ which is no small feat considering our small-ish budget and the ridiculous rates these people are charging.

I've convinced Boo that we should write our own vows. I don't want a cookie cutter ceremony, and we're not religious, so I think saying it in our words would mean a lot more. Plus, I can guarantee both of us will inject a little humor into "for better or for worse."

1 comment:

Kali said...

I love that you're going to write your own vows! I'm seriously retardedly excited for you! I hope to hear more about the planning process on here!! I wrote about our wedding plans a little. Isn't it exciting to be planning the most important day of your life thus far?! You'll be amazed at how big the little details become. Again, if you want any help or ideas, let me know!!!