Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Cohabitation Conundrum

All is calm on the homefront. No tales of woe to tell. Boo took me to St. Augustine for my birthday last month. We had a spectacular weekend taking in the sights and history of the oldest city in the nation. It was definitely a much needed mini-vacation not only personally, but for our relationship, too.

Since our trip, things between us have never been better. Now, I'm just waiting for the go ahead to move in. Living out of bags and lugging them between his house and mine is starting to wear on me. I mean, if you heard some of our conversations, you would already assume we were living in sin...

"Biatch, have you seen my belt?"
"It's in the closet, hanging, where it should be."

"Boo, what the hell did you put on this floor? I almost ate it just now."
"I don't know, I bought some cleaning shit, diluted it half and half in a spray bottle and buffed the floor."
(after discovering it was Murphy's Oil Soap) "HAHA! You are supposed to dilute that in like a gallon of water, not a spray bottle! The floor is a film of soap!"

"If you're cooking breakfast, I'll do the dishes." Thirty minutes later (prying himself from the Xbox). "I said I would do the dishes!"
"I don't want them just sitting here, so I'll do them."

"Boo, I hope you don't mind, but I hung a few shirts in the closet."
"Nope, it's only gonna get worse. And I mean that in a good way."


The thing is, we don't fight nearly enough and we screw too much to be living together. What would people think!?

2 comments:

Bad Man said...

I started with the dialogue and then read up (weird habit of mine) and really did assume you were talking about living together. It had a pretty sweet tug to it. Good stuff.

JML said...

I just found your blog from the Virginity Monologues and I've totally had the conversation about the dishes with my bf. Although, he's normally tearing himself away from xbox or ps3. Good luck :)